Fighting For The Rights Of Georgia’s Injured For Decades
Stefanie Drake Burford
- Personal Injury
Personal injury attorney Stefanie Drake Burford was born in Valdosta, Georgia, later moving to and growing up in Fayetteville, Georgia. Stefanie attended Georgia Southern University, where she obtained her Bachelor of Science Degree in 1996, with a major in Pre-Law/Political Science, and a minor in Justice Studies. She then moved to Miami, Florida, and attended Law School at St. Thomas University School of Law, graduating in 1999 with her Juris Doctor Degree.
Always having Georgia in her heart, she decided to return to her home State. Stefanie worked in private firms in the Atlanta and Northwest Georgia area, and briefly in the District Attorney's office in Paulding County. It was always Stefanie's dream to own her own business, while serving the community and her clients. In 2005, Stefanie founded what is now known as The Stefanie Drake Burford Law Group, located in Northwest Georgia. Stefanie is active in her community and has been proudly serving the biker community for more than 15 years; if you see Stefanie at one of the many motorcycle events she attends and supports, stop by and say hello.
When Stefanie is not advocating for her clients, or participating in motorcycle and community events, she enjoys riding her motorcycle, flying, travel, and most importantly spending time with family. Stefanie is a member of HOG, ABATE, serves as Chairman of the Public Safety Committee, and Vice-Chair for the Board of Trustees for the Sara Hightower Regional Library.
Since beginning the practice of law in 1999, Stefanie has been named an Outstanding Young Lawyer by Atlanta Magazine, March 2009, and featured in Atlanta Magazine's Super Lawyer and Rising Star Section. She also has a superb Avvo rating, and received Martindale-Hubbell's Preeminent 5.0 for outstanding client reviews, as well as Martindale-Hubbell's Client Distinction Award. To learn more, check out her profile at Avvo.com, Google.com, and SuperLawyers.com. Stefanie is currently the Chairman of the Polk County Board of Commissioners. She is also the Solicitor for the Municipal Court for the City of Cedartown, where she prosecutes criminal cases including DUI. Stefanie served as Municipal Court Judge for the City of Rockmart for five years. She currently practices heavily in the area of accident injury, including auto accidents, motorcycle accidents, trucking accidents, wrongful death, and personal injury.
While compassionate and sympathetic to each client's situation, she is also aggressive and experienced in injury law, and will fight for each client and his or her best interests. Since beginning the practice of law more than 20 years ago, Stefanie has represented victims of all types of accidents all over Georgia, and fought for her clients in and out of Court. Whether the client is benefited by settlement, a bench trial, jury trial, or other Court proceeding, Stefanie has the experience and legal knowledge to ensure the best outcome possible for your particular case and situation.
Please call Stefanie today, or send her an email. Your accident case evaluation is always free. Stefanie will personally handle your auto accident, motorcycle accident, trucking accident, wrongful death, or injury case. At the Stefanie Drake Burford Law Group, expect the personal service you should expect from your attorney, as well as your own dedicated case manager. We represent accident injury victims in all locations throughout Georgia.
- St. Thomas University School of Law, Miami Gardens, Florida
- Juris Doctor - 1999
- Georgia Southern University
- Bachelor of Science - 1996
- Major: Pre-Law/Political Science
- Minor: Justice Studies
- Outstanding Young Lawyer, Atlanta Magazine
- Atlanta Magazine's Super Lawyer and Rising Star Section, Featured
- Superb Rating, Avvo
- Preeminent 5.0, Martindale-Hubbell
- Client Distinction Award, Martindale-Hubbell
- State Bar of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Court of Appeals State of Georgia
- Tallapoosa Judicial Circuit Bar Association, President, 2006 to Present
- Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution, State Registered Mediator
- 7th Judicial Administrative District, Approved Mediator
- Polk County Board of Commissioners, Vice-Chairman
- Association County Commissioners of Georgia
- ACCG Defined Contributions Board of Trustees
- Polk County Public Safety Committee, Chairman
- Sara Hightower Regional Library System Board of Trustees, Vice-Chairman
- FAA Licensed Pilot
- Municipal Court for the City of Cedartown, Solicitor
Current Employment Position
- Founder, 2005
- District Attorney's office, Paulding County
- Rockmart, Municipal Court Judge